Real Estate Agents and Brokers Professional Liability (E&O) in Washington
The ever-increasing complexities of real estate transactions and the rising use of litigation mean our clients need access to professional liability insurance products that protect them against the financial effects of liability lawsuits in the event of allegations of errors and omissions. This is where ISU Global Insurance fits into the big picture. We are an independent specialty insurance brokerage dedicated to professional liability insurance. Our knowledge and experience allow us to help you make informed insurance decisions so you can help protect your business assets and focus on making more commissions.
Real Estate Professional Liability Insurance (E&O) is specifically designed to offer protection to real estate professionals for the array of emerging exposures you face and can help protect your firm against losses resulting from negligence, errors, and omissions in the performance of professional services. The insurance would provide cost associated with a legal defense, such as lawyers’ fees, judgments, settlements, court and witness fees. This errors and omissions policy can often be tailored to fit your business needs.
Sample Policy features and benefits we can include, but not limited to:
- A-“ Rated or better, admitted carrier
- Hard to place risks available (claims history)
- Network & Information security offense coverage
- Duty to Defend
- Broad Definition of Insured
- Environmental Pollutants Coverage
- Defense of Disciplinary Proceedings Options
- Defense Outside the Limits of Liability Options
- Punitive Damage/Most Favorable Jurisdiction (where insurable)
- Open House Coverage applies to Bodily Injury & Property Damage coverage
- Crisis Event Expense Coverage
- Claim services & Pre-claim assistance
- Third-Party/Fair housing Discrimination coverage
- Lock-Box Coverage applies to Bodily Injury & Property Damage
- Loss of Earnings at attendance of trial/hearing
- Choice of Counsel (with carrier approval)
Here are some examples when a Real Estate Agent or Broker may need E&O Insurance:
- A couple consulted a real estate broker to purchase a residence in which they could also run a daycare business. The broker made inquiries and showed them a townhouse, which they eventually purchased. After closing, the couple was told by the townhouse association that they were forbidden use of the property for a daycare business. The couple filed suit for negligence.
- A couple asked their real estate agent which school district the residence was located in. The real estate agent mistakenly told the couple the wrong school district. The couple purchased the property and discovered that their children were to attend a different/inferior school district. They sued this real estate agent for misrepresentation.
- A home buyer in the process of buying a home was given incorrect information regarding the square footage of the home. The agent purposefully did not disclose the discrepancy in square footage to the buyer. The home buyer later filed suit for fraud.
ISU Global Insurance has the knowledge, resources and industry relationships to build an insurance solution that meets the unique needs of each of our clients. We offer our exceptional service guarantee combined with a vast selection of Professional Liability (E&O) Insurance products to meet your business needs. Our products offer broad coverage and competitive premiums, to ensure we are staying ahead of our competition while putting our clients first. Remember, not all E&O policies are created equal and neither are the insurance carriers. Let our experience make the difference for your business.